Pickens County Planning & Development July 2017 Report
Pickens County Joint Comprehensive Plan Stakeholders Meeting
Video is the presentation slides given by Northwest Georgia Regional Commission planner Ethan Calhoun.
8/7/2017 ~ by Richard Osborne, AICP Planning & Development Director
Pickens County Planning & Development monthly report for July activity:
38 in July 2017 (3% increase)
37 in July 2016
Permits for Site Built Homes
12 in July 2017 (71% increase)
7 in July 2016
135 in July 2017 (13% increase)
119 in July 2016
Total Department Revenue
$17,751.58 in July 2017 (8% increase)
$16,402.54 in July 2016
• Planning Commission met on July 10 and recommended approval of the rezoning application at 1562 Philadelphia Rd from Highway Business (HB) to Suburban Residential (SR). On July 20, the Board of Commissioners voted to approve the rezoning.
• Planning Commission will not meet in August since there are no applications for review.
Subdivisions: building permits were issued for new homes in the following subdivisions:
• Bethany Moorings off Bethany Rd (2)
• Grandview Lake off Grandview Rd (1)
• Stoneledge off Matthews Rd (1)
• Village at Oak Creek off Hwy 53 West (1)
• Amicalola EMC administration and operations buildings at the corner of Hwy 515 & Camp Rd will be renovated and additions made. During July, plans were approved.
• Comprehensive Plan: All are invited to the next stakeholders meeting on August 22 at 6:30 PM in the Pickens room of the County administration building, 1266 E. Church St, Jasper. Questions? Richard Osborne 706-253-8852.
• Road paving: Planning & Development, Emergency Management, and Roads department staff worked on the proposed 2018 road paving schedule.
Click here for reports