Tire Amnesty Month of April for Pickens County Residents
4/3/2018 ~ by Carol Opdenhoff
Pickens County residents only, may take four (4) scrap passenger tires, maximum per family, off the rims, to the Pickens County Recycle Center on Camp Road and Cove Road, during the month of April as part of the Great American Clean Month.
Keep Pickens Beautiful would like to remind you that mosquito breeding season is upon us and with it brings the West Nile Virus and the possible of other viruses. KPB urges all of our county residents to dispose of any tires you have lying around. Let’s eliminate the mosquito breeding places cleanup our county and protect our environment.
The Great American Cleanup is like a puzzle, if everyone does a small part in the cleanup the whole big job will be completed, piece by piece.
If you would like to know how you can have a part in the Great American Cleanup please call our office at 706-253-3600 for more information.
EVENT PLANS FOR GREAT AMERICAN CLEANUP
• PICKENS COUNTY – CLEAN UP – TIRE AMENSTY
• CITY OF JASPER – BRUSH PICK UP ON SATURDAY’S (Call 706-692-9100 for pickup)
• TOWN OF TALKING ROCK – PARK CLEAN UP
ODD ITEMS – Week of April 16th, Call the Town office for pickup (706-253-5515)
• TATE COMMUNITY- TREE PLANTING – CLEANUP AT PARK
• ALL SCHOOLS – CLEANUP AND BEAUTIFY
• ADOPT A ROAD VOLUNTEERS – PICK UP THEIR ASSIGNED ROADS
• SHREDDER –TUESDAY APRIL 17TH NOON TO 3:00 - 124 W. Church Street IBMSECU
• OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP