Advance In-Person Voting for the General Election Through November 2nd
Advance In-Person Voting for the General Election is underway through November 2nd (M-F 8 AM - 5 PM). Saturday voting is October 27th (9 AM - 4 PM). Vote at the Pickens County Board of Elections and Registration office on 83 Pioneer Road in Jasper, next to Chattahoochee Tech.
Local races on the ballot include Pickens Board of Education Post 3 (Tucker Green) & 5 (Steven Smith) for all of Pickens, and Pickens County Commissioner District 1 (Jerry Barnes) for residents in West Pickens.
There is a local special election on the ballot to allow Pickens County to permit and regulate Sunday sales of distilled spirits or alcoholic beverages for beverage purposes by the drink. Currently, only restaurants within the city limits of Jasper are allowed to serve alcohol on Sunday. This will allow the restaurants in the Marble Hill area to serve alcohol on Sunday if the measure passes.
Voting for State offices include Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Commissioner of Insurance, State School Superintendent, Commissioner of Labor, Public Service Commissioner, State Senators and Representatives, and U.S. Congressional Districts.
The ballot also includes the following proposed Constitutional Amendments (click here for PDF Summary):
1. Creates the Georgia Outdoor Stewardship Trust Fund to protect water quality, wildlife habitat, and parks.
2. Creates a state-wide business court to lower costs, enhance efficiency, and promote predictable judicial outcomes.
3. Encourages the conservation, sustainability, and longevity of Georgia's working forests through tax subclassification and grants.
4. Provides rights for victims of crime in the judicial process.
5. Authorizes fair allocation of sales tax proceeds to county and city school districts.
The General Election is Tuesday, November 6, 2018 from 7 AM to & PM at your polling location. Find it, check registration status and view sample ballot @ www.mvp.sos.ga.gov