|OBTAINING A LIBRARY CARD|
- Library Cards are FREE for residents of Cherokee, Gilmer or Pickens Counties and anyone paying property taxes in these counties.
You must provide some source of identification with your current address on it.
Non-residents may obtain a card for a fee ($35 for one year).
Children under 18 must have a parent or guardian's signature.
|USING LIBRARY MATERIALS|
- Materials may be checked out for two weeks and can be renewed (if not in demand) in person at any Sequoyah Regional Library System branch, by telephone with your card number or online at www.sequoyahregionallibrary.org and click "Renew Books".
- Materials may be borrowed through intralibrary loan or interlibrary loan.
- Materials may be reserved if not on shelf.
- Materials may be checked out without a card for a fee and identification.
- The library provides free, fast Internet access and printing at 10 cents a page for black and white or $1.00 per page for a color printout.
- All users must sign up and agree to the Internet Access Policy before accessing the Internet.
- Internet usage time is limited to one hour unless no one else has a reservation or is waiting.
- The Library DOES NOT support sending or receiving E-mail using the Library's Internet access computers.
- Children's computers (for those 13 and under) and Young Adult computers (for those aged 13 - 18) with Internet access are located in the Youth areas. Children 9 years and under must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or authorized teacher when using computers.
- Your library offers books, magazines, newspapers, cd, audio, videotapes and more.
- Setup an account that will allow you to download free ebooks on your home computer.
- Photocopies in Black and White and the ability to send FAXES.
- If you need a place to hold a meeting, you can reserve the large meeting room or smaller conference room. Two study rooms (capacity 1-5 people) with a computer are also available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Solutions for those with special reading needs
- Large print books available in non-fiction and fiction
- Talking Book Program - The National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped produces books and magazines on cassettes that are available on loan from libraries throughout the country. Any U.S. resident who is unable to read or use standard printed materials because of a permanent or temporary visual or physical limitation may sign up for this service.
- Genealogy - The Special Collections room houses local history books, census records, census indexes, church records, court records, death records, military records, maps, newspapers, pamphlets, periodicals and various family histories. Although none of the materials in this room are available for checkout, copies of information may be made at 10 cents per page.
- Children's Story Times and Summer Reading Club
- Spanish Materials
- Microfilm Readers
- Tax Forms and Voter Registration
- GAILILEO (Georgia Library Learning Online) - This virtual library provides access to a wide array of information resources including over 100 databases, thousands of periodicals and scholarly journals, 2000 journal titles, encyclopedias, business directories, and government publications. Come to the library and try out this great resource or get your password to use it in your own home.
|FUNDING & DONATIONS|
- The funding sources include Pickens County Government, the City of Jasper, and the City of Talking Rock.
- Donations from individuals, corporations, businesses and community organizations are important to collection development and the operations of the library. Please contact the library for information on giving opportunities, including memorials and bequests as well as joining the Friends of the Libraries.
The Joy of Reading Garden is a lovely place to sit and read or relax. Bricks in the courtyard, the tree markers, and the marble benches and plaques have been engraved to honor or memorialize individuals or groups. Business, organizations and individuals have all taken part in making this a very special garden.
|FEES & FINES|
- Overdue books, videos, cassettes, and magazines 20 cents per day
- Replacement for lost card - $1.00
- Non-resident fee - $35.00 for one year
- FAX $1.00 per page to send/receive (additional fees for International FAX)
- Photocopies - 10 cents per copy-black and white
- Audio Visual Equipment - $1.00 per day
- Laminating - 50 cents per running foot