Tate Day is held the first Saturday in November featuring a Parade, Arts & Crafts, Marble Quarry Tours, Historic Tate Gym, Tate Elementary School (the Historic Marble School), Children's activities, and more.
CAKE BACK OFF
1st-2nd-3rd Place Ribbons will be awarded.
Come join the Tate Day Festival activities and taste delicious home-made cakes and even purchase a portion of one. The rules for the Bake-off are:
1. It has to be a cake - no cookies, desserts or pies.
2. It has to be baked - no refrigerator concoctions.
3. It has to be home-made, made from scratch - no box, mixes or repackaged goods.
4. Entries judge on following points:
A. Taste - 35
B. Texture - 35
C. Neatness of cake covering and decorations - 10
D. Presentation -. 10
E. Overall Appearance - 10
For a total of 100.
5. Cake must be labeled with a name of the cake and be delivered to the Old Tate Gym no later than 10am Saturday, Nov. 2.
6. Tasting will be between 11am - 1pm.
7. To taste and vote on these delectable cakes, a fee of $2 will be charged.
8. Cake categories are:. Pound (or any type cake cooked in a Bundt or Tube pan, iced layer cake or fruit cakes.
All entry forms must be mailed to:
P.O. Box 2
Tate, GA 30177
and postmarked by Oct. 28, 2023 OR by phone to Anita Poole / 770-737-3019 OR
email / firstname.lastname@example.org
5. TYPE OF CAKE
6. NAME OF CAKE