Fatz Cafe Health Inspections
|Week of||Score||Noted Violations|
No. | Description of code requirement not in compliance | Occur
|7/16/2018||99-A||15A Food and nonfood-contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed, and used 1|
|1/31/2018||96-A||6-2 Proper date marking and disposition|
|12/21/2017||83-B||Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized|
Proper cold holding temperatures
Proper cold holding temperatures
Proper date marking and disposition
The plastic door on the ice machine is cracked and in disrepair. Replace the door. Plastic container lids cracked. Replace lids.
|8/25/2015||80-B||1. Observed employee come back from break and ask grill cook if he should help. The person put on gloves and started to help without first washing hands. The employee was stopped and directed to wash his hands. Always wash hands when first entering the kitchen. |
2. Deli roast beef held 5 days past the discard date. Cooked sausage was 3 days past the discard date. Prepared potentially hazardous food can only be held for a maximum of 7 days. Both were discarded. Person in charge must monitor dates and discard items when needed. Repeat Violation.
3. Observed employee preparing food wearing bracelets and rings. The only jewelry allowed on hands and arms is a plain band ring. The employee left the facility.
4. Observed spray nozzle hanging below the rim of the 3 comp sink. Must be 2" above the rim. Repair or replace nozzle assembly.
|4/1/2015||94-A||1. Observed an employee making small portions of deli meat from a large container of sliced deli meat. The large container was dated 3/29. The new portions were dated 4/1. The original date must follow the cut date. The date on the portions was changed to reflect the correct date. |
2. The floor in the kitchen is cracked and in disrepair. Repair the floor. Repeat Violation
|11/14/2014||94-A||1. No label on sugar container. All food must be labeled with common name unless it is easily identifiable. Sugar was labeled. |
2. Food containers with cracks. The containers cannot be cleaned adequately so must be replaced. Repeat Violation.
3. Water seeping under the floor in the walk-in cooler entryway. Repair and seal entryway.
|7/14/2014||90-A||1. Observed grill cook cutting fried chicken with a knife in a gloved hand, holding the chicken with the bare other hand. No bare hand contact is allowed with ready-to-eat food. The chicken was discarded.|
2. Cutting boards not in good repair, with deep grooves. Replace or resurface.
|2/17/2014||90-A||1. Observed grits in the walk-in cooler dated the previous day at 48°F. To properly cool potentially hazardous food, temperature must be brought from 135°F to 41°F within 6 hours. Grits were discarded. Use shallow containers or an ice bath to properly cool within the 6 hour time frame. |
2. Observed employee with gloves touch his clothing. Employee was advised that gloves must never be used when touching non food items. The employee washed hands and put on new gloves.
|10/1/2013||91-A||1. Observed open employee drinks on the grill line and on a pan in the clean dish area. Employee drinks must have a lid and straw and not be stored in the clean dish area. The drinks were discarded. |
2. Dish machine sanitizer at 0 ppm chlorine. Must be a minimum 50 ppm chlorine. The container of sanitizer was empty. Person in charge must ensure that the machine is monitored and chemicals are added when needed. Observed employee cutting tomatoes and placing them into a cardboard box. After washing the tomatoes they must be placed in a clean sanitized container. The tomatoes were rewashed and the chemical changed.
3. Replace air curtain in the walk in cooler and clean the potato holding cabinet.
Clipboard and monitoring supplies stored on top of clean utensils and small bowls. These items are not cleanable and should not be on sanitized equipment. The utensils and bowls were removed to rewash and sanitize.
|4/12/2013||89-B||1. Cooked pasta and raw shrimp prepped in each compartment of the same 2 compartment sink. Ready to eat food and raw potentially hazardous food must be prepped separately to ensure that cross contamination doesn't occur. The pasta had just been brought to the sink so contamination had not occurred and the pasta was moved to the vegetable sink. Also, raw shell eggs were above cooked bacon in the condiment refrigerator. Raw PHF must never be stored over RTE food. The eggs were relocated. |
2. Knives stored under microwave. Utensils in use must be stored on a clean surface. The knives were removed to be cleaned.
3. Seals on drawer cooler unit had excess food debris and were in disrepair. Replace the seals and ensure that they are kept clean and free of debris.
|7/26/2012||91-A||Potentially hazardous food not cold held at 41ºF or below. Cut tomatoes @ 52ºF, pasta at 47ºF. PHF above 50ºF was discarded. The unit was turned down and ice was used to bring the temperature down to 41ºF or below. Person-in-charge must monitor temperatures to ensure proper cold holding.|
|3/16/2012||97-A||Observed employee preparing food with 2 arm bands. Only a plain band ring is allowed.|
|3/9/2012||83-B||1. Dish machine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Sanitize in the 3 comp sink until repaired. |
2. Potentially hazardous food not cold held at 41ºF or below. Condiment cooler at 50ºF. Cooler was turned down. Person-in-charge must ensure that the temperature drops to 41ºF or below. Also, a half wrap and a half sandwich were on the counter at 78ºF and 59ºF, respectively. When selling half sandwiches, place the remaining half of the sandwich in the cooler. Both were discarded.
3. Two grill cooks with beards over 1/2 inch long. They must either wear a beard restraint or trim the beard.
4. Wet wiping cloth not stored in sanitizing solution between uses.
5. The seal at the dish machine should be replaced.
|10/24/2011||94-A||1. No soap located at the hand wash sink next to the chicken breading station. Soap must always be available for proper hand washing. Corrected on-site.|
2. Clean containers wet stacked. Air dry before stacking.
3. Dish racks under the dish machine on the floor. The racks should not be on floor.
|6/22/2011||90-A||1. Dish machine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Sanitize in the 3-comp sink until repaired.|
2. Cutting board in clean storage not clean to sight and touch. Replace or resurface the cutting board.
3. Bulk storage containers must be labeled with the common name of the food.
4. Observed ribs and chicken not covered in the walk-in cooler. Only during the cooling process can food in storage be uncovered.
|12/17/2010||90-A||1. Worker seen handling ready-to-eat tomatoes with bare hands when glove or utensil use is required. Person-in-charge to insure employees do not touch ready-to-eat food with bare hands. Corrected on-site.|
2. Floors in kitchen area not in good repair. The floors should be repaired.
|6/21/2010||96-A||Observed employee with no beard guard/restraint. Employees with beards longer than 1/2 inch must wear a beard restraint. |
Observed food employee wearing jewelry other than a plain ring while preparing food. The only jewelry that can be worn on hands and arms is a plain band.
Observed food scoop used without a handle. All food scoops must have a handle and the handle must extend out of the food product. Corrected on-site.
|12/21/2009||96-A||Scoop stored with handle in sugar. Scoop should be stored with the handle extending out of the food product.|
Clean food and beverage containers stored wet stacked. Clean sanitized dishes must be air dried before stacking.
Nail brush at hand wash sink not clean and has an accumulated amount of “growth”. Clean nail brush and sanitize regularly.
Clean containers must air dry before stacking.
|8/17/2009||85-B||Potentially hazardous food not held at proper temperature. Cold holding must be at 41° F or below.|
Sanitizer for ware washing not at proper concentration. Must be 50-100 ppm chlorine.
|4/24/2009||91-A||Potentially hazardous food not held at proper temperature. Cold holding must be at 41° F or below.|
|12/8/2008||96-A||Improper eating in kitchen area.|
|7/21/2008||91-A||Potentially hazardous food not held at proper temperature. Cold holding must be at 41°or below. Hot holding must be at 135° F or above.|
|3/20/2008||96-A||Sanitizer for wipe cloths not at proper concentration – should be 200-400 ppm Quat.|
|9/25/2007||99||All utensils, bowls, plates, etc. Do not wet stack clean utensils. Must have advisory notice on menu before opening.|