Starbucks (Kroger) Health Inspections
|Week of||Score||Noted Violations|
No. | Description of code requirement not in compliance | Occur
|11/1/2019||97-A||12B Personal cleanliness 1|
|6/4/2018||92-A||4-2B Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized 1 |
12B Personal cleanliness 1
13A Posted: Permit/Inspection/Choking Poster/Handwashing 1
|6/13/2017||95-A||Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized|
Physical facilities installed, maintained, and clean
|12/7/2016||98-A||Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained, used; test strips|
Adequate ventilation and lighting; designated areas used
|11/20/2015||96-A||Chemical spray bottle on counter. Must be stored away from food and food service equipment. Bottle was moved. |
|6/5/2015||91-A||1. No Certified Food Safety Manager on staff. Repeat. This violation was a repeat on the last inspection. If a repeat violation of the same code provision of this chapter occurs for 3 consecutive routine inspections, the Food Service establishment may be subject to suspension or revocation of itspermit, pursuant to subsection (1) (b) of this rule. Must obtain certification within 45 days. |
2. Employee preparing food without a hair restraint. Must wear hair restraint. No visors or hats on site.
|1/26/2015||90-A||1. No Certified Food Safety Manager on staff. Must get certification ASAP. |
2. Observed tray of muffins on the hand wash sink, which blocked the sink for use. This sink must be accessible at all times. The muffins were relocated.
|8/26/2014||95-A||1. No Certified Food Safety Manager on staff. Must get certification ASAP. Repeat Violation.|
2. Wipe cloth at 0 ppm quat. Must be minimum 200 ppm.
|5/8/2014||95-A||1. No Certified Food Service Manager on staff. Must get certification ASAP.|
2. Clean mold build-up around the dipper well.
|12/16/2013||97-A||Employee preparing food without a hair restraint. All employees preparing food must wear a hair restraint|
|7/26/2013||95-A||1. No Certified Food Safety Manager on staff. Must get certification ASAP.|
2. Need test strips for quat sanitizer.
|3/27/2013||95-A||1. Employee preparing food without a hair restraint.|
2. Wipe cloth at 0 ppm quaternary ammonium. Must be minimum 200 ppm.
3. Inspection report behind counter. Report must be posted where there is accessibility to the public. Repeat violation.
|8/10/2012||86-B||1. No Certified Food Service Manager on staff. A certificate was displayed from a previous manager. Even though the employee works at Kroger, she is no longer employed at Starbucks.|
2. Milk in the self-service cooler at 59ºF. Must be 41ºF or below. The milk was discarded. Do not use this unit for potentially hazardous food until it can maintain PHF at 41ºF or below. Also, small cooler with half/half at 45ºF. This unit was turned down at time of inspection.
3. Observed water pooling in bottom of reach-in cooler. Repair Unit.
|4/27/2012||92-A||1. Observed employee eating in a food preparation or other restricted area. Employees must eat in an area away from food preparation.|
2. Sanitizer for wipe cloths >500 ppm quat. Sanitizer should be 200 ppm quat.
|1/4/2012||90-A||1. Observed an employee wearing a bracelet, another employee wearing an embellished ring. No jewelry allowed on hands or arms, except for a plain band ring.|
2. Inspection report not posted.
|8/18/2011||87-B||1. Observed 4 large bags of coffee in the hand-wash sink. The hand wash sink must be available for hand washing at all times. Corrected on-site.|
2. Cloth for cleaning wands not at proper strength for sanitizing. These wands are considered food contact surfaces and must be properly sanitized. Corrected on-site.
3. Observed food employee wearing jewelry other than a plain ring. Corrected on-site.
4. Observed employee with no hair restraint. All food employees must wear an effective hair restraint.
|3/30/2011||96-A||Quaternary ammonium sanitizer not at proper minimum strength for manual warewashing. Quat at 0 ppm. Must be minimum of 200 ppm. The person-in-charge must insure that the solution is changed more frequently. Corrected on-site.|
|9/29/2010||90-A||No soap located at handwashing sink. Also, the drain was not connected to the plumbing, allowing the water from the sink to drain into the area under the sink. Corrected on-site. |
The inside of the ice machine should be cleaned.
Single service spoons should be stored with the handles up so that the food contact surface is protected.
The drain on the 3 compartment sink must be repaired.
|5/12/2010||93-A||Observed employee eating in a food preparation or other restricted area. Employees must eat in an area away from food preparation.|
Observed food items stored at hand wash sink. The items must be stored away from the hand wash sink to prevent splash from sink from contaminating the food items.
|8/17/2009||98-A||Sneeze shield to protect dispensing containers for syrups still not installed as required. |
|5/6/2009||97-A||A sneeze shield required to protect dispensing containers of syrup.|
Do not store clean containers directly beside dirty dish sink due to splash. Shelving needed. Repeat
Lights must be shielded or shatterproof.
|1/26/2009||98-A||Do not store utensil containers directly on floor. Must be 6 inches from floor.|
Do not store clean containers directly beside dirty dish sink. Store on shelf above or have separation.
Store deli paper with food service items, not under register
|6/3/2008||96-A||Improper manual dishwashing procedure. Must wash-rinse-sanitize.|
|12/19/2007||90-A||No supplies at hand wash sink.|
Wipe cloths must be stored in sanitizing solution.
Need thermometers for milk cooler.
|9/12/2007||93||Employees preparing food must wear hair restraints.|
Dish trays for dish machine should be cleaned and not stored on floor.
|6/13/2007||95-A||4-2B Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized|
17C Physical facilities installed, maintained, and clean
|4/16/2007||94||Employees must wear hair restraints|
Coffee must not be stored at hand wash sink
Floor mats should be thoroughly cleaned
Thermometer needed for milk cooler