A Different Way Tutoring Offering Summertime 'Get Ready' Programs
6/2/2014 ~ by Marcia Boyd
A Different Way Tutoring will be offering Summertime "Get Ready" programs. These programs will focus on skills children need for the upcoming school year, based on the Georgia Common Core Performance Standards for school age children and on the Georgia Early Learning Development Standards for 3 and 4 year olds.
A Different Way believes that children learn best with 'hands on' activities and through structured 'play' (while learning). Integration of technology is also used at A Different Way.
Values of the programs:
• To help children who are entering either Pre-K or kindergarten with all important readiness skills
• To help children be stronger academically in school this fall
• To help children not ‘forget’ what was taught this year
• To help children who struggled in school this past year
• To assist home school parents with Georgia standards
2 mornings a week- 3 and 4 year olds—Monday & Tuesday 9:00-11:45
2 mornings a week-5 year olds-Wednesday & Thursday 9:00-11:45
Reading and math tutoring for children in kindergarten-5th grade will be offered as individual and small group tutoring in the afternoon or evening.
M.S. Early Childhood Education
National Board Certified Teacher: Reading and Language Arts Early and Middle Grades
Teacher Support Specialist
Georgia Master Teacher
TeAch 21 Technology Certification (Cherokee County)
For more information, please email ADifferentWayTutoring@yahoo.com or call 706-253-2577.
*You may choose either one day per week or two days per week.
Individual Tutoring: $25/hour