Pickens County Schools Kindergarten Registration Begins
Pickens County Schools is now accepting Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-2019 school year. Call 706.253.1770 and schedule an appointment. During your appointment time, your student will be given a basic skills test by a certified teacher.
To ensure that you are prepared, please gather all required documents listed below for your appointment:
1. Proof of birth (Your child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2018)
• Original certified birth certificate; or child’s passport
2. Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
• Only required if your name is not on the child's birth certificate
3. Parent/Guardian proof of identification
• Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID
4. Proof of Residency
• Mortgage OR lease/rental agreement in your name, AND electric, gas, water bill, cable and phone bills in your name
5. Child’s original Social Security Card
• If a waiver is needed, it will be provided to you during the enrollment session.
6. Immunization Certificate (3231)
The Pickens County Health Department is conducting a Kindergarten Round-Up Health Clinic on Tuesday, April 17th from 1 to 6 p.m.
7. Vision, Hearing, and Dental Screening Certificate (3300)
8. Bring your child (A basic skills test will be administered during the appointment)
Registration will be held at the Board Central Registration Center (Old JES Auditorium), 150 D.B. Carroll Street, Jasper, GA. Central Registration at 706.253.1770.