COVID-19 Testing Now Available to all Georgians
Pop-up COVID-19 Testing Site in Pickens on Wednesday, May 13th
Last night Georgia Department of Public Health announced that testing is available to all Georgians who request it, whether they have symptoms or not. You must be registered for testing and given an appointment by calling 1-888-881-1474.
Additionally, Pop-Up COVID-19 Testing sites in Fannin, Pickens and Murray counties will be held next week for priority groups listed below. COVID-19 testing conducted by public health is FREE. 37 were tested on Wednesday, May 6th at the Pickens testing site at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Jasper.
The days, times and locations for the upcoming Pop-Up COVID-19 Testing sites are:
• Fannin County: Tuesday, May 12th, 9 A.M. – 11 A.M., Blue Ridge United Methodist Church, 235 Orvin Lance Drive, Blue Ridge, GA 30513
• Pickens County: Wednesday, May 13th, 9 A.M. – 11 A.M., Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 1036 North Main Street, Jasper, GA 30143
• Murray County: Thursday, May 14th, 9 A.M. – 11 A.M., Murray County Parks and Recreation Department, 651 Hyden Tyler Road, Chatsworth, GA 30705
Anyone who wishes to be tested at the public health pop-up clinics must first register by calling 1-888-881-1474.
Our priority for testing remains:
- Felt feverish
- Runny nose
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of taste
- Loss of smell
- Shortness of breath
Anyone who is one of the following, regardless of symptoms:
- Health care worker
- First responder
- Law enforcement officer
- Resident or worker in a long-term care facility
- Resident or worker in a congregate setting
- Critical infrastructure employee, such as a grocery store worker
More information about COVID-19 and testing in Georgia can be found at here.