City of Nelson Council Meeting ~ April 6, 2015
1985 Kennesaw Ave. ~ Nelson, GA 30151
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Agenda Approval
- Approval of minutes from the March 2, 2015 council meeting and the March 18, 2015 WS
- Public Comment
- Mayor's Report Larry Ray
- Police Department Report Chief Koury
Congratulations to City of Nelson Police Officer Michael Poulos, and his team, for earning second place in this year's Georgia Bureau of Investigations sponsored Criminal Justice and Crime Scene Processing competition held in Atlanta on April 3. This event is a yearly competition held for students currently enrolled in the Georgia Technical College system. Poulos is a student at Chattahoochee Technical College.
- Placing a flag pole at the baseball field Councilman Jarrett
- Placing motion sensor lights at the ball field restroom and removing the fence Councilman Jarrett
- City Attorney Rusbridge to report on Capital Improvement Budget Adoption Procedure
- Consider Constructing a fence at the basketball court Councilman Jarrett
- Consider Moving the Police Department to the small marble building with a proposed budget not to exceed $10,000 paid out of Cherokee SPLOST Funds
- Consider Repair of railroad crossing at Blue Ridge and Dogwood Pass
- Consider renovation of Community building in the amount not to exceed $30,000
- Consider to resend motion made on March 2, 2015 to add street lights on Pickens St.
- Consider to resend motion on March 2, 2015 to develop a scope of work from professional architectural design service for a professional architect to develop design alternatives for the community building and its adjacent property and to return to the council for its approval to engage in a contract for professional services at a cost not to exceed $5,000.00.
- Consider Reimbursement to Erika Jones of $75.00 for the purchase of Easter baskets
- Consider Proposal to designate large Marble building as a park