City of Nelson Council Meeting ~ August 3, 2015
1985 Kennesaw Ave. ~ Nelson, GA 30151
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Agenda Approval
- Approval of minutes from the July 6, 2015 council meeting and the July 20, 2015 meetings
- Police Department Report Chief Koury
- Mayor's Report Larry Ray
- Appearance of legal counsel for Martha Dunn on request for fence
Time code 16:15 to 1:14:12
The Nelson City Council now acts as the Zoning Board of Appeals and a public meeting was held during the Council Meeting.
The Fence variance (fence higher than 4 feet and setup back area) was approved after Jackie Jarrett recused himself from voting because he is Martha Dunn's neighbor. Mayor Larry Ray had break the tie vote between the four remaining council members.
Visuals presented to council during the meeting.
- Consideration of options on Marble building
Time Code 1:16:33 to
- Replace Roof
- Remove Hazardous Material
- Demolish building
After several different votes, it was finally approved to remove the hazardous material and demolish the building. Mayor Larry Ray had to break the tie vote between the four remaining council members.
- Approve placing ads for following work
- Fence around basketball court; And rock on drainage area, and a wall along roadway
- Concrete or pave drainage area from ball field
- Replace the roll-up door at the maintenance building
- Public Comment
- Executive Session